Saturday, November 15, 2014

Designer Creations& Designed Decor



Welcome to our November Blog Hop featuring Designer Creations and Decor.  To purchase any of the items seen in our blog hop today, contact your local consultant to place an order.



We hope that you will take the time to leave comments on our posts, as we love to get feedback from our viewers....whether it was something that you really liked or some new technique that was used that you would like to learn how to do....by leaving us comments, we get to hear what you like, and what you want to see. Thank you… now on to our hop! 



If you have just hopped onto my blog, you can start here as this is a circular hop, but if you want to follow us across Canada then please start at the beginning and join Julie at 12 x 12 Travels. If you came from Chris' Creative Life then you are in the right place!




I wanted to create a meaningful gift to give my friend at her wedding. I used her wedding invitation and made her a piece of home decor so she and her husband can clearly remember their special day.

The shadow box was perfect for this project. It has a wooden frame with hinged back that opens for easy loading. Magnetic closure. Sawtooth hangers on back. Interior dimensions: 12" × 12". Tray depth: ½". Total depth when frame is closed: 1¼".

I used the retired For Always paper for the background paper, secures with liquid glass. You can always print this paper in Studio J!! 


I rolled lots and lots of paper flowers that I cut using the quilling tool and both the Cricut Art Philosophy Cartridge  as well as the Cricut Artsite Collections from Ruby, Glacier & White Daisy cardstock. I sponged Ruby ink on the white cardstock before I rolled them, for a soft look. The vines & leaves are cut from Olive cardstock and I finished it off with some clear sparkle flourishes. Finally I gave it a coat of clear Krylon spray sealant so it stays nice for many years to come.


I made the bride & groom a card that matched their gift, using some retired ribbon, inked with Glacier ink. The sentiment is stamped with Slate ink.





I wrapped the frame in the bubble wrap in came in with a few pieces of ruby cardstock to hide the gift from view. I tied it closed with the free ribbon that came in my CTMH parcel in October....love the black and white stripped grosgrain ribbon!

I hope I left you feeling creative and ready to craft some fun creations of your own.

Your next stop on the Cross Canada Hop is Terry Ann's blog, Just a TAD Crafty.


If you get lost along the way, you can head to Michelle S Blog, My Creations with MIchelle.

Thanks for hopping along with us - we hope we were able to inspire you to get creative using some of the designs, products and techniques seen along the way. We hope you will join us again next month when we will be featuring Décor for Christmas.  So mark December 15th on your calendars and hop along with us.

6 comments:

  1. Lovely Brandy... You made me want to get "rolling" on a crafty project like this ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome Pam! Looking forward to seeing your creations too.

      Delete
  2. Love this, it really turned out very lovely. I'm sure they loved it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michelle. I know it will find a place in their home to remind them of their beautiful day.

      Delete
  3. This is so gorgeous, Brandy!! I know they will treasure it.

    ReplyDelete